Are you a business owner and wants to know what is marketing and why it is important?
Are you a freelancer who looking to make a personal brand?
Are you someone who have heard a lot new phrase “Marketing Funnel” and interested to know more about it?
If your answer to any of the above question is YES, then you have landed to a perfect place because this blog will help you to understand the overall concept of marketing and its impact on your business and why it is important to invest in marketing. Also, you’ll get to learn about the fundamentals of marketing, the important difference and few statistics about the traditional and digital way of marketing, the marketing funnel which is very important component of a marketing through which one can identify the customer’s journey, going further you’ll also learn about the integrated digital marketing where I’ll explain you how you can leverage your all marketing channels and can get the maximum output out of it and at the end I’ll explain you the very important part i.e. personal branding, how one can build the personal branding.
So without wasting more of your time, lets directly jump to the concepts and start the journey.
The fundamental of marketing
In a very layman words, we can state that the marketing is understanding the people and developing the new product with respect to the requirement and the existing GAP in the market. It’s about understanding the need of the people and develop the product which market fits. Marketing is selling the right message to the right person at the right time.
In deeper its not just about attracting or engaging with the new clients in the market. It is also very important to take care of the existing clients, without which the circle never completes. The circle of inbound marketing where it starts with attracting the customers, then making an engaging with the client on the various social platform and then comes the delight stage which means to provide the consistent and various offers to the existing customers
Marketing is based 99% science and 1% creativity. Just in simple terms we can say that creativity is required to make the strategies of marketing which is the minor part of marketing but when it comes to implementation 99% science is required. Like for an example if someone plans to market digitally or to go digitally then he/she has hire a company who will help them to make a website for them or an application where coding part and others will be completed that’s why it is said that marketing is more of science and less of creativity.
Digital marketing V/S Traditional marketing
Digital marketing means marketing your product on the various digital platforms through paid ads or generating audience organically the making your target audience aware and educating about the products.
And traditional marketing is marketing your product through newspaper, Television, Radio, hoardings and other channels which is the very old way of doing the marketing but still it is not out of the way, it is used in now-a-days as well by big brands.
In digital marketing audience can directly interact with your ads in digital space and in tradition marketing it’s a medium where one can convey the brands message loud and clear but can’t interact with the audience.
Here are some more stats to help you understand the growth and prominence of digital marketing…
- More than 80% of shoppers/buyers do their research online before investing in a product/service.
- Almost 60% of U.S. adults use Facebook on a regular basis.
- 94% of B2B marketers are actively using LinkedIn for marketing.
- Mobile will be accounting for over 70% of digital ad spend by 2019.
- 90% B2C businesses report social media as being the most effective content marketing tactic.
But still traditional marketing has the more reach till date because TV is accessible almost 800 million to billion people, Radio having a reach to 64% of the Indian population, 465 million users of newspaper
CATT Marketing Funnel
Marketing funnel is a very important component of marketing, because these is the part where everything is very much measurable. So, we are talking about CATT Marketing funnel where CATT is Content, attention, trust and transaction.
Good quality content helps customers to solve a their problem, once you start to look at the problems and try to solve them at that very time you start to grab their attention towards you and through that you get a way to build a trust with them by showing a solution for their problem, and in future at one point of time one can leverage the trust component to convince them to make a transaction with you.
In general, there are 3 stages of funnel. One is awareness stage where you make your audience aware about one concept or product through your content, second is consideration stage where you start grabbing the attention of your customer and start building trust within you and the final stage is decision stage where your customer starts making a transaction with you. But above all of these 3 stages there is one more stage which is no need stage where you just make content for that audience.
Integrated digital marketing is nothing but leveraging all the channels of marketing which your customer uses. That means it’s a blend of all your marketing tactics, where all your activities of all the platforms are complimenting each other to give a maximum output.
Unifying all the channels
If you create a method to unify all the channels, creating the same experience to the audience your marketing works as a whole and makes more sense to prospects. People will go from one touchpoint to the other without noticing the difference. They will go smoothly through the journey without any interruption.
Channels of an integrated digital marketing
- Organic search
- Social media
- Content marketing
- Paid advertising
- Web development and design
- Search engine optimization (SEO) & Search engine marketing (SEM)
Benefits of an integrated digital marketing
- Brand awareness – when all the marketing channels are used as mean of communication, it automatically helps to build brand awareness.
- ROI – Creating a consistent and a master plan of leveraging all the platforms for convey the one message will definitely helps to give the good ROI
- Conversion – if you are leveraging all the platforms in a consistent manner which is complimenting each other will definitely give the best conversion rate
- Brand loyalty – A very simple way to generate a brand loyalty is to position your brand consistently on the mind of the customer.
Personal Branding – Mass Trust Blueprint
“Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” — Jeff Bezos, Founder & CEO, Amazon
Personal branding is how you promote yourself in a particular field. Personal branding is a combination of your skill set, expertise, experience & Personality. And best known will always be the best. To build a personal branding it’s not just enough to be good at something.
In today’s time it is very important to build a personal branding because people want to hear from an individual and not from brand. As there is a pros and cons of everything in a world so, here as well if we talk about the personal brand, the downside is that no one invest in a personal brand and no one can sell a personal brand. But on the other side the upward is personal brand can become the influencer and the brand ambassadors for the companies they run.
Now as you understand the importance of personal branding, you might be very curious to know the steps to build a personal brand.
Evolution of personal brand
There are 6 steps involved in a evolution of personal brand, they are followed as:
- Learn: You should always learn new things in a very proper and structured way like understanding the concepts, remembering the facts and practising what you have learned the procedures.
- Work: You should implement the new skills which you have learned, because implementing helps you to master the new skill.
- Blog: you should always try to put all your work and experience in the form of blog, because when you write, you understand it better with a better clarity of the concept which you have learned.
- Consult: once you start writing your blog, its time to consult people who approached you, showing them the right way and the right solution for their problem while consulting them.
- Mentor: Apart from consulting you can also start Mentoring to people who aspires to become like you. Again, it helps you only to understand the new skill at another level.
- Start-up: It’s time to start your own business with the understanding that you have developed about the market, the problem and your own new skills.
I would like to conclude now that marketing is not just about the selling but its also conveying the right message to the right person at a right time. Also, we have seen that marketing is 99% science & 1% Creativity. Apart from everything else We cannot ignore the very important component of the marketing i.e. funnel and its various stage because it helps to measure your overall marketing activity. And also coming to the personal branding helps to create a trust in you and your product for the customer, the better you communicate, the better you connect to your audience.
if anyone is interested in learning Phonics guidelines for beginners click here